Vines have been grown at La Tour de By since the 16th century, and records show that the château was acquired by Pierre Tizon, lord of the fiefdom of By, in 1599. The tour, or tower, symbolizing the estate is a former lighthouse built in the middle of the vines in 1825 to guide sailors navigating the Gironde estuary on foggy nights.
Current owner, Marc Pages, is a former WWII gunner in the Patton Army.
✌Press 91 Pts WE “It's impressive how even a small percentage of Petit Verdot can bring color and spice to a wine. That's case in this wine that is rich while also stylish, full of tannins as well as freshness”
60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot